Embassy of Australia

Travel Advice

Visiting Chile or Ecuador

Travel and visa information

For the most up to date travel advice, see the relevant smartraveller page:


Access to Australia’s social services 

Services Australia is the institution responsible to provide social services  (i.e. pension, health, child support) for Australians and legal residents. Information for individuals is accessible here (the Spanish version here). There is a “Contact us” page in their website.

  • For your pension-related queries/requirements, please engage directly with Centrelink.
  • For health-related topics, you need to contact Medicare.
  • If you need something related to child support payments, engage Child Support.

Returning to Australia

Q. I lost the proof of my first visa or tourist card and cannot leave Chile, what do I do?

A. A copy can be requested via the PDI Virtual portal, select and complete the Duplicado de Tarjeta de Turismo option.